Army cadets return to Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Young people are being encouraged to attend and find out what opportunities are on offer at a reopening ceremony for the Army Cadet Force (ACF) detachment in Cromer.
An open day will be held at the detachment, based at Cromer Academy, from 10am to 2pm on Saturday, April 27 with an official opening ceremony at 12pm.
Spokesman Lt Gina Webster said: 'Three or four cadets will be transferred across from the North Walsham detachment.
'We want to encourage as many young people as possible to come along and benefit from the great opportunities that we have to offer as part of the ACF.
'The army cadet wing has not been running for six to seven months, as we've struggled for staffing, but the air cadets have remained at the site.'
You may also want to watch:
The reopening ceremony will be performed by senior officers from the ACF and Royal British Legion dignitaries.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 5 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 8 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 9 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 10 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers