Army cadets return to Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Young people are being encouraged to attend and find out what opportunities are on offer at a reopening ceremony for the Army Cadet Force (ACF) detachment in Cromer.
An open day will be held at the detachment, based at Cromer Academy, from 10am to 2pm on Saturday, April 27 with an official opening ceremony at 12pm.
Spokesman Lt Gina Webster said: 'Three or four cadets will be transferred across from the North Walsham detachment.
'We want to encourage as many young people as possible to come along and benefit from the great opportunities that we have to offer as part of the ACF.
'The army cadet wing has not been running for six to seven months, as we've struggled for staffing, but the air cadets have remained at the site.'
The reopening ceremony will be performed by senior officers from the ACF and Royal British Legion dignitaries.
- 1 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 2 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 3 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 6 Obituary: Milkman who did the rounds for 40 years dies aged 81
- 7 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
- 8 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 9 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers