Army cadets return to Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Young people are being encouraged to attend and find out what opportunities are on offer at a reopening ceremony for the Army Cadet Force (ACF) detachment in Cromer.
An open day will be held at the detachment, based at Cromer Academy, from 10am to 2pm on Saturday, April 27 with an official opening ceremony at 12pm.
Spokesman Lt Gina Webster said: 'Three or four cadets will be transferred across from the North Walsham detachment.
'We want to encourage as many young people as possible to come along and benefit from the great opportunities that we have to offer as part of the ACF.
'The army cadet wing has not been running for six to seven months, as we've struggled for staffing, but the air cadets have remained at the site.'
You may also want to watch:
The reopening ceremony will be performed by senior officers from the ACF and Royal British Legion dignitaries.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall