North Norfolk classic car festival to showcase ‘eccentric and innovative’ French vehicles
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Organisers of a popular north Norfolk car and bike festival are getting set to celebrate the best of classic French vehicle design at this year's event.
The Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival will be held later this year and see over a hundred classic vehicles gather on display in the town's historic marketplace.
And this year's theme, which will mark the event's sixth year, will focus on classic designs from French manufacturers, with more than half of the cars and bikes on show dedicated to the theme: Vive l'Entente Cordiale.
A spokesperson for the festival said: "This year we celebrate Les Automobiles Francaises.
"We will be focusing on French classics to feature the glorious history of these sometimes eccentric, but always innovative, vehicles.
"French manufacturers have a tradition of developing distinctive designs for mass manufacture.
"The Citroen 2CV and DS, Renault 16 and 5, Peugeot 404, and Simca 1000 are well loved examples and there were more exotic and rare cars too, such as models from Bugatti, Delahaye and the Facel Vega.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 7 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 8 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
"While the French motorcycle industry never achieved the success of rivals from Germany, Britain, and Italy, it developed the iconic Velosolex, 'the one with the engine mounted on top of the front wheel'."
The classic car festival will take place in Reepham on Sunday, September 29, from 11am to 4pm.
A spokesperson added: "The event has become one of Norfolk's most successful and attractively located shows."
Exhibitors are invited to join the line-up of the county's finest classic cars and bikes, or to attend as a visitor and stroll through a slice of motoring history.
There will be music in the Kings Arms courtyard, and French-themed food and drink available in The Dial House and in and around the Market Square.
The event is free to the public and has become one of the highlights of the year for classic car fans and local families alike.
To register a car, bike or club for the event, attendees are asked to contact Hugh or Peter via email at email@example.com or by phone on 01603 871102.
Once accepted, a numbered pass will be sent as confirmation that a place has been reserved for you.
Due to the increasing popularity of the event each exhibitor must display the pass in the windscreen to gain access on the day.