Record Holt Rotary Christmas collection for army welfare
A record amount has been raised in Holt to help injured soldiers and their families.
The Rotary Club of Holt have passed on their thanks to all those who gave so generously to their Christmas collection at Budgen's supermarket, held over five days, which produced a record sum of �2,404 in aid of the Welfare Trust Funds for Help for Heroes and The Light Dragoons based at Swanton Morley.
The appeal was boosted on two of the collecting days by the presence of Lt Ian Massey and Trooper Fox, from The Light Dragoons, who explained to passers-by the need for care of the wounded and the families of those who died in Afghanistan or are still serving there.
The collection was a follow-up to a fund raising evening run by the Rotary Club of Holt, which highlighted the role which the Light Dragoons and others are playing in Afghanistan and which together with two donations, raised �2,300.
Both events resulted from an initiative by the president Eric Earnshaw, with the organisation led by David Frost and members of the community service committee.
You may also want to watch:
Details of other activities of the Rotary Club of Holt can be obtained from the secretary Patrick Thompson, on 01263 860332.
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast