Record Holt Rotary Christmas collection for army welfare
A record amount has been raised in Holt to help injured soldiers and their families.
The Rotary Club of Holt have passed on their thanks to all those who gave so generously to their Christmas collection at Budgen's supermarket, held over five days, which produced a record sum of �2,404 in aid of the Welfare Trust Funds for Help for Heroes and The Light Dragoons based at Swanton Morley.
The appeal was boosted on two of the collecting days by the presence of Lt Ian Massey and Trooper Fox, from The Light Dragoons, who explained to passers-by the need for care of the wounded and the families of those who died in Afghanistan or are still serving there.
The collection was a follow-up to a fund raising evening run by the Rotary Club of Holt, which highlighted the role which the Light Dragoons and others are playing in Afghanistan and which together with two donations, raised �2,300.
Both events resulted from an initiative by the president Eric Earnshaw, with the organisation led by David Frost and members of the community service committee.
You may also want to watch:
Details of other activities of the Rotary Club of Holt can be obtained from the secretary Patrick Thompson, on 01263 860332.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 6 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown