Record Holt Rotary Christmas collection for army welfare
A record amount has been raised in Holt to help injured soldiers and their families.
The Rotary Club of Holt have passed on their thanks to all those who gave so generously to their Christmas collection at Budgen's supermarket, held over five days, which produced a record sum of �2,404 in aid of the Welfare Trust Funds for Help for Heroes and The Light Dragoons based at Swanton Morley.
The appeal was boosted on two of the collecting days by the presence of Lt Ian Massey and Trooper Fox, from The Light Dragoons, who explained to passers-by the need for care of the wounded and the families of those who died in Afghanistan or are still serving there.
The collection was a follow-up to a fund raising evening run by the Rotary Club of Holt, which highlighted the role which the Light Dragoons and others are playing in Afghanistan and which together with two donations, raised �2,300.
Both events resulted from an initiative by the president Eric Earnshaw, with the organisation led by David Frost and members of the community service committee.
You may also want to watch:
Details of other activities of the Rotary Club of Holt can be obtained from the secretary Patrick Thompson, on 01263 860332.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Vaccine will be rolled out in line with supply and geography, says CCG