Reader’s letters: I will be watching with interest how Norman Lamb gets on, says James Wild
- Credit: Archant
I was proud to have the opportunity to stand to be the MP for North Norfolk.
Over five weeks I had the pleasure of meeting thousands of people to talk about my plans to get a better deal for the area where I grew up – on mobile phone coverage, regeneration, tourism, and more – and to deliver the best possible Brexit deal.
I am very grateful for all the support that enabled me to go from a standing start to run a strong campaign.
I am pleased to have increased the Conservative Party's share of the vote by more than 10%, although I am naturally disappointed that it wasn't enough to win. I congratulate Norman Lamb on his success and Stephen Burke on the way he conducted his campaign.
The challenge for Norman Lamb is now to deliver on long-running issues to ensure North Norfolk becomes a better place to live and work.
You may also want to watch:
I will be watching with interest how he gets on.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for North Norfolk
Grammar School Road,