Reader’s letters: I will be watching with interest how Norman Lamb gets on, says James Wild
- Credit: Archant
I was proud to have the opportunity to stand to be the MP for North Norfolk.
Over five weeks I had the pleasure of meeting thousands of people to talk about my plans to get a better deal for the area where I grew up – on mobile phone coverage, regeneration, tourism, and more – and to deliver the best possible Brexit deal.
I am very grateful for all the support that enabled me to go from a standing start to run a strong campaign.
I am pleased to have increased the Conservative Party's share of the vote by more than 10%, although I am naturally disappointed that it wasn't enough to win. I congratulate Norman Lamb on his success and Stephen Burke on the way he conducted his campaign.
The challenge for Norman Lamb is now to deliver on long-running issues to ensure North Norfolk becomes a better place to live and work.
You may also want to watch:
I will be watching with interest how he gets on.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for North Norfolk
Grammar School Road,