Reader’s letters: I will be watching with interest how Norman Lamb gets on, says James Wild
- Credit: Archant
I was proud to have the opportunity to stand to be the MP for North Norfolk.
Over five weeks I had the pleasure of meeting thousands of people to talk about my plans to get a better deal for the area where I grew up – on mobile phone coverage, regeneration, tourism, and more – and to deliver the best possible Brexit deal.
I am very grateful for all the support that enabled me to go from a standing start to run a strong campaign.
I am pleased to have increased the Conservative Party's share of the vote by more than 10%, although I am naturally disappointed that it wasn't enough to win. I congratulate Norman Lamb on his success and Stephen Burke on the way he conducted his campaign.
The challenge for Norman Lamb is now to deliver on long-running issues to ensure North Norfolk becomes a better place to live and work.
You may also want to watch:
I will be watching with interest how he gets on.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 5 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for North Norfolk
Grammar School Road,