READER LETTER: ‘The Leave vote must be implemented’
- Credit: PA
Stephen McNair of Coltishall says (North Norfolk News, March 7) we should just cancel Brexit.
I am not sure if that is naive or in fact, very dangerous.
I, like millions of others, pay my taxes to live in a democracy.
We follow regulations and obey law and order. If democracy is to, in effect, end, then is he naive enough to think people will just say 'go on then' and carry on as usual?
People will, understandably, play by different rules. His comments are very concerning.
You may also want to watch:
The country had a binary choice and chose to leave.
If people want to return to the European Union once we have left, then democracy allows them to campaign. No problem. But votes must be implemented. If not, we are living in worrying times. And I fear for the future.
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 10 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
-What do you think? To share your view on this issue and others, email firstname.lastname@example.org