READER LETTER: ‘The Leave vote must be implemented’
- Credit: PA
Stephen McNair of Coltishall says (North Norfolk News, March 7) we should just cancel Brexit.
I am not sure if that is naive or in fact, very dangerous.
I, like millions of others, pay my taxes to live in a democracy.
We follow regulations and obey law and order. If democracy is to, in effect, end, then is he naive enough to think people will just say 'go on then' and carry on as usual?
People will, understandably, play by different rules. His comments are very concerning.
You may also want to watch:
The country had a binary choice and chose to leave.
If people want to return to the European Union once we have left, then democracy allows them to campaign. No problem. But votes must be implemented. If not, we are living in worrying times. And I fear for the future.
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 9 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast
-What do you think? To share your view on this issue and others, email firstname.lastname@example.org