READER LETTER: ‘Supermarkets need cashback facilities’
- Credit: Archant
The Sainsbury's store in North Walsham has switched off cashback facilities at all its checkouts.
I wrote to Sainsbury's main office asking why they had decided to do this - it's so easy and convenient for people to use the cashback facility at the same time as doing shopping.
This is part of their reply - I quote: 'Sainsbury's Bank is looking at ways to support stores to improve till efficiency and remove tasks that might slow down the checkout experience for the majority of shoppers and increase usage of the ATM. Sainsbury's are running a trial in some stores including North Walsham, stores that have relatively low cashback transactions and a conveniently placed ATM'
This tells me that Sainsbury's are only interested in getting customers through the checkout as quickly as possible. Isn't it a pity that we slow down the checkout staff by daring to ask for cashback?
With two of the town's banks already gone and Barclays leaving in January it was such a relief to know we still had a cashback facility at North Walsham Sainsbury's.
You may also want to watch:
Not everyone is comfortable using an Automated Teller Machine.
- 1 Person found following lifeboat search in north Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk beach hut wins award for country's best
- 3 Arrests after gang threw glass bottles and kicked victims
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 5 How realistic is Vigil? Verdict of former submariner from Aylsham
- 6 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 7 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 8 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 9 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
*Do you agree? To share your thoughts on this and other issues, write to firstname.lastname@example.org