Reader Letter: ‘Let’s praise the wonderful NHS for their wonderful work’
- Credit: IAN BURT
I feel it my duty to point out my experiences of the NHS amidst all the adverse publicity of recent months.
It is too easy to be critical and point out waiting time and delays. The NHS is under enormous pressure by an ever-increasing population with everyone expecting fast responses to their demands and conditions. I cannot comment on the lack of funding which must impact on the situation.
I had the misfortune to be diagnosed with AML (Acute Myeloid Leukaemia) and from that life-changing statement my experience of the NHS could not have been bettered. I, and hence the rest of the family, received information, support and care with attention to detail.
I have spent a month in Colney Hospital on Mulbarton Ward receiving every possible support and care necessary from all quarters to send
me back on the way to recovery. Whilst in hospital you soon realise the importance of the organisation. Everyone doing a remarkable job to the best of their ability even under sometimes great pressure. From consultants, doctors, nurses, auxiliaries, students, catering and orderlies, not forgetting cleaners. The list is not only numerous but also multi-national without whom the system would surely grind to a halt.
You may also want to watch:
All of them made my stay as comfortable as possible where nothing seems to be too great a demand.
I shudder to think at the cost of the treatment received but shall be ever grateful to the team which I consider part of my extended family. Let us please praise what we have rather than criticise the service that cannot be redressed without a great deal of review as well as funding.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
MR G SCRIVENER