READER LETTER: ‘Outstanding school is a credit to our district’
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Woodfields School has just received its Ofsted report.
It will come as no surprise at all to those who know the school that the inspectors had this to say: 'This school is outstanding. Leadership at all levels is highly effective; communication at all levels is exemplary; parents speak in glowing terms about the level of interaction, information and support they receive from the school; pupils make exceptional progress because leaders and staff personalise their responses, the curriculum and the support provided according to need; the very supportive and caring ethos provided by highly skilled staff is successfully combined with just the right level of challenge at the right point in time for each pupil; teaching is highly effective because all staff work together seamlessly.
'They know pupils exceptionally well and use their in-depth assessments to plan work which enables them to make remarkable progress from their starting points; and developing pupils' spiritual, moral social and cultural understanding, so that pupils are well prepared for life beyond school, underpins the school's whole approach.'
It is a huge credit to every single person at Sheringham Woodfields that such a report has been written and we are incredibly fortunate to have such talented, caring and committed people working to provide the very best they can for every and every pupil.
This school provides the very best in education and care for children who have extra needs and who need extra support, and this is exactly as it should be.
You may also want to watch:
I am delighted that work has already started to expand the size of Woodfields to provide a further 20 places, so by the end of the year even more children will be able to benefit from this outstanding school.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
District councillor for Sheringham South and county councillor for Sheringham and Beeston Regis
-What do you think? If you have an issue you'd like to share your view on, email firstname.lastname@example.org