READER LETTER: ‘Outstanding school is a credit to our district’
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Woodfields School has just received its Ofsted report.
It will come as no surprise at all to those who know the school that the inspectors had this to say: 'This school is outstanding. Leadership at all levels is highly effective; communication at all levels is exemplary; parents speak in glowing terms about the level of interaction, information and support they receive from the school; pupils make exceptional progress because leaders and staff personalise their responses, the curriculum and the support provided according to need; the very supportive and caring ethos provided by highly skilled staff is successfully combined with just the right level of challenge at the right point in time for each pupil; teaching is highly effective because all staff work together seamlessly.
'They know pupils exceptionally well and use their in-depth assessments to plan work which enables them to make remarkable progress from their starting points; and developing pupils' spiritual, moral social and cultural understanding, so that pupils are well prepared for life beyond school, underpins the school's whole approach.'
It is a huge credit to every single person at Sheringham Woodfields that such a report has been written and we are incredibly fortunate to have such talented, caring and committed people working to provide the very best they can for every and every pupil.
This school provides the very best in education and care for children who have extra needs and who need extra support, and this is exactly as it should be.
I am delighted that work has already started to expand the size of Woodfields to provide a further 20 places, so by the end of the year even more children will be able to benefit from this outstanding school.
- 1 Villagers 'displeased' as phone box removed in email muddle-up
- 2 Bell McBellface? Names suggested for Norfolk's new beach bell
- 3 More than 1,000 drivers caught speeding through north Norfolk town
- 4 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 5 Sand martins stop cliffside house demolition
- 6 Sinkhole closes part of busy Norfolk road
- 7 Town's street food scene booming with new festival launching this summer
- 8 'Dad would be devastated' - Bench damaged as spate of vandalism continues
- 9 Police force entry to home being burgled and arrest man in his 60s
- 10 8 long-lost Norfolk buildings and places we wish we could have visited
District councillor for Sheringham South and county councillor for Sheringham and Beeston Regis
-What do you think? If you have an issue you'd like to share your view on, email firstname.lastname@example.org