READER LETTER: ‘Motorbikes make my ears pop’
- Credit: Archant
Nobody ever mentions noise pollution in our area. And it is, to us older generation, very nerve-racking. There seems to be a growing number of motorbikes and mopeds on the A149 both day and night flying along, and when walking on the narrow pavements these beastly noise generators make you jump when revving up directly behind. They also cause my ears to pop.
Is there a bylaw that takes excessive noise into account? Does anybody know?
I am sure this amplified racket cannot be normal and I hope something can be done to address it.
Are the motorcycles even roadworthy? They sound like death traps. Do the police even check?
It affects mental as well as physical health and the problem seems to be expanding. Something must be done. I live in hope.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 2 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 3 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 4 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 5 Could you be a gilly warden? Ex-quayside volunteer hopes role is revived
- 6 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 9 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 10 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
-What do you think? To share your own views on this issue or others, email firstname.lastname@example.org