READER LETTER: ‘Motorbikes make my ears pop’
- Credit: Archant
Nobody ever mentions noise pollution in our area. And it is, to us older generation, very nerve-racking. There seems to be a growing number of motorbikes and mopeds on the A149 both day and night flying along, and when walking on the narrow pavements these beastly noise generators make you jump when revving up directly behind. They also cause my ears to pop.
Is there a bylaw that takes excessive noise into account? Does anybody know?
I am sure this amplified racket cannot be normal and I hope something can be done to address it.
Are the motorcycles even roadworthy? They sound like death traps. Do the police even check?
It affects mental as well as physical health and the problem seems to be expanding. Something must be done. I live in hope.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 9 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
-What do you think? To share your own views on this issue or others, email email@example.com