READER LETTER: ‘Gum spitting vandals should be fined’
- Credit: Archant
I was recently sitting on one of the public benches overlooking the pier and daydreaming away as the birds chirped and the waves broke peacefully.
But after 20 minutes, I noticed a slight pull on my bottom.
When I trotted off home I discovered a sticky piece of bubblegum was attached to my trousers. It made me feel embarrassed, and annoyed.
At home it took hours to scrub off and my chinos are now sadly unsalvageable.
I have noticed this sticky stuff on bus stop seating and also on benches in North Lodge Park as well as on the promenade. It is revolting and inexcusable.
I hope people you look twice before plopping your backsides down because the experience is not pleasant.
Is there a fine for bubblegum disposal in his fashion? If so I hope the council start implementing them on the culprits.
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 7 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 8 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 'He inspires me' - Alice preps for marathon with her dad
What is the matter with these gum chewers?
-What do you think? To share your views on this issue and others, email email@example.com