READER LETTER: ‘Gum spitting vandals should be fined’
- Credit: Archant
I was recently sitting on one of the public benches overlooking the pier and daydreaming away as the birds chirped and the waves broke peacefully.
But after 20 minutes, I noticed a slight pull on my bottom.
When I trotted off home I discovered a sticky piece of bubblegum was attached to my trousers. It made me feel embarrassed, and annoyed.
At home it took hours to scrub off and my chinos are now sadly unsalvageable.
I have noticed this sticky stuff on bus stop seating and also on benches in North Lodge Park as well as on the promenade. It is revolting and inexcusable.
You may also want to watch:
I hope people you look twice before plopping your backsides down because the experience is not pleasant.
Is there a fine for bubblegum disposal in his fashion? If so I hope the council start implementing them on the culprits.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 3 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 7 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 8 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 9 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
What is the matter with these gum chewers?
-What do you think? To share your views on this issue and others, email firstname.lastname@example.org