READER LETTER: ‘Gum spitting vandals should be fined’
- Credit: Archant
I was recently sitting on one of the public benches overlooking the pier and daydreaming away as the birds chirped and the waves broke peacefully.
But after 20 minutes, I noticed a slight pull on my bottom.
When I trotted off home I discovered a sticky piece of bubblegum was attached to my trousers. It made me feel embarrassed, and annoyed.
At home it took hours to scrub off and my chinos are now sadly unsalvageable.
I have noticed this sticky stuff on bus stop seating and also on benches in North Lodge Park as well as on the promenade. It is revolting and inexcusable.
You may also want to watch:
I hope people you look twice before plopping your backsides down because the experience is not pleasant.
Is there a fine for bubblegum disposal in his fashion? If so I hope the council start implementing them on the culprits.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 7 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Tribute shows planned in memory of Paul Eastwood
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
What is the matter with these gum chewers?
-What do you think? To share your views on this issue and others, email email@example.com