Reader Letter: Cromer Youth FC says town is “very lucky” to have so much volunteer support
- Credit: PA
As chairman of Cromer Youth Football Club, I would like to express my thanks to the many local businesses, local community groups, players parents and grandparents and our amazing committee who again supported our annual football tournament this year.
We held the event at Holt Football Club over the weekend of July 15 and 16.
We had over 100 teams enter again this year and played over age groups u7s all the way through to u15s.
We again had entries from teams from Essex, Wisbech and Northampton all returning each year because of the fantastic competition we put on every year.
Without the support from the above mentioned, we simply couldn't entertain the idea and consistently raise essential funds which keep our local children all playing football in a safe and fun environment.
Special thanks go to the Val and the Holt scout group who organised the parking and the Cromer and District Rotary club who spent all weekend cooking amazing burgers and sausages on the BBQ.
Cromer is a very lucky town to constantly have such a vast force of voluntary helpers who, week in, week out, organise and run such special events such as the carnival festivities, the Crab & Lobster Festival and fireworks, Christmas lights display to name but a few.
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 6 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 'Norfolk was a big fortress' - man's mission to explore wartime defences
Many towns can only wish to have such help!
Hopefully in the very near future our local children won't need to travel to Holt to play at their team's tournament and like every other youth football setup in Norfolk, have the luxury of playing in their own town.
D Bailey, CYFC Chairman