Reader Letter: Cromer Youth FC says town is “very lucky” to have so much volunteer support
- Credit: PA
As chairman of Cromer Youth Football Club, I would like to express my thanks to the many local businesses, local community groups, players parents and grandparents and our amazing committee who again supported our annual football tournament this year.
We held the event at Holt Football Club over the weekend of July 15 and 16.
We had over 100 teams enter again this year and played over age groups u7s all the way through to u15s.
We again had entries from teams from Essex, Wisbech and Northampton all returning each year because of the fantastic competition we put on every year.
Without the support from the above mentioned, we simply couldn't entertain the idea and consistently raise essential funds which keep our local children all playing football in a safe and fun environment.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks go to the Val and the Holt scout group who organised the parking and the Cromer and District Rotary club who spent all weekend cooking amazing burgers and sausages on the BBQ.
Cromer is a very lucky town to constantly have such a vast force of voluntary helpers who, week in, week out, organise and run such special events such as the carnival festivities, the Crab & Lobster Festival and fireworks, Christmas lights display to name but a few.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 8 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
Many towns can only wish to have such help!
Hopefully in the very near future our local children won't need to travel to Holt to play at their team's tournament and like every other youth football setup in Norfolk, have the luxury of playing in their own town.
D Bailey, CYFC Chairman