READER LETTER: ‘An act of kindness really got me moving!’
- Credit: Archant
I would just like to say a big thank you to the woman with two children in her car and a gentleman in his car who stopped to help me when my rear wheel got stuck in a ditch between Saxthorpe and Mannington on Friday evening. I had made the fateful error of reversing in the dark to allow a tractor to pass (big mistake).
The tractor soon drove off but it was only when I tried to continue on, I realised the car was going nowhere. No mobile signal, very dark night and a very quiet country lane.
With a hefty push from the good Samaritans, I was out of the ditch in no time. I am fortunate to have met such lovely people in my hour of need. Your help and kindness was very much appreciated – amazing children.
You may also want to watch:
-It's easy to share your thoughts and opinions with our readership via a letter. Simply email email@example.com, and don't forget to include your name and address.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 9 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast