READER LETTER: ‘An act of kindness really got me moving!’
- Credit: Archant
I would just like to say a big thank you to the woman with two children in her car and a gentleman in his car who stopped to help me when my rear wheel got stuck in a ditch between Saxthorpe and Mannington on Friday evening. I had made the fateful error of reversing in the dark to allow a tractor to pass (big mistake).
The tractor soon drove off but it was only when I tried to continue on, I realised the car was going nowhere. No mobile signal, very dark night and a very quiet country lane.
With a hefty push from the good Samaritans, I was out of the ditch in no time. I am fortunate to have met such lovely people in my hour of need. Your help and kindness was very much appreciated – amazing children.
You may also want to watch:
-It's easy to share your thoughts and opinions with our readership via a letter. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, and don't forget to include your name and address.
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor