Pupils at pint-sized Blakeney school bounce their way to £1,000 worth of books
- Credit: Blakeney CE VA Primary School
Children have bounced their way towards a better library thanks to 12 hours of hard work at a Blakeney school.
The Bounce-Athon took place at the Blakeney CE VA Primary School earlier this month, and raised over £1,000 for their new facility.
The event was held at Massy's Gym in Blakeney, and took place between 8am and 8pm.
All pupils from the school as well as their teachers were given the chance to try a bouncing stint, on one of the eight trampolines provided by owners of the gym Cat and Paul Massingham.
Energy was also kept high thanks to music playing in the background, and the children also being taught moves to keep them motivated. A pupil, Verity Deacon, said: 'I thought it was great, it really boosts your confidence.'
You may also want to watch:
Olly Hatfull added: 'I thought it was fun and so epic! I want to go again!'
Friends of the school were also at the event to sell refreshments and organise a tombola, which was sponsored by the Blakeney Spar.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 6 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
All of the money raised will be put towards buying new books for the school, which is small but mighty with just 46 pupils.