Pupils at pint-sized Blakeney school bounce their way to £1,000 worth of books
- Credit: Blakeney CE VA Primary School
Children have bounced their way towards a better library thanks to 12 hours of hard work at a Blakeney school.
The Bounce-Athon took place at the Blakeney CE VA Primary School earlier this month, and raised over £1,000 for their new facility.
The event was held at Massy's Gym in Blakeney, and took place between 8am and 8pm.
All pupils from the school as well as their teachers were given the chance to try a bouncing stint, on one of the eight trampolines provided by owners of the gym Cat and Paul Massingham.
Energy was also kept high thanks to music playing in the background, and the children also being taught moves to keep them motivated. A pupil, Verity Deacon, said: 'I thought it was great, it really boosts your confidence.'
Olly Hatfull added: 'I thought it was fun and so epic! I want to go again!'
Friends of the school were also at the event to sell refreshments and organise a tombola, which was sponsored by the Blakeney Spar.
- 1 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 2 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 3 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 4 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 5 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 6 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 7 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 8 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
All of the money raised will be put towards buying new books for the school, which is small but mighty with just 46 pupils.