Pupils at pint-sized Blakeney school bounce their way to £1,000 worth of books
- Credit: Blakeney CE VA Primary School
Children have bounced their way towards a better library thanks to 12 hours of hard work at a Blakeney school.
The Bounce-Athon took place at the Blakeney CE VA Primary School earlier this month, and raised over £1,000 for their new facility.
The event was held at Massy's Gym in Blakeney, and took place between 8am and 8pm.
All pupils from the school as well as their teachers were given the chance to try a bouncing stint, on one of the eight trampolines provided by owners of the gym Cat and Paul Massingham.
Energy was also kept high thanks to music playing in the background, and the children also being taught moves to keep them motivated. A pupil, Verity Deacon, said: 'I thought it was great, it really boosts your confidence.'
You may also want to watch:
Olly Hatfull added: 'I thought it was fun and so epic! I want to go again!'
Friends of the school were also at the event to sell refreshments and organise a tombola, which was sponsored by the Blakeney Spar.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 3 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 4 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 5 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 6 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 7 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 8 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 9 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 10 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
All of the money raised will be put towards buying new books for the school, which is small but mighty with just 46 pupils.