Public urged to help choose future locations for sporting pitches
- Credit: Archant
People are being asked to recommend new locations for sporting pitches over the next 10 years.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is hosting a public meeting to decide the future provision of playing pitches across the region.
The meeting will give attendees the chance to comment on the findings of the project and recommend improvements to existing facilities or suggest additional sports pitches required to meet the demand. Sports covered include football, rugby, hockey, tennis, bowls, cricket, athletics, running and golf.
Feedback will form part of the 10-year strategy being drawn up for the council's Local Plan.
Sarah Butikofer, NNDC Leader, said: "I'd very much encourage people to attend this meeting. Their views will help us draw up this important strategy, which is designed to provide even better facilities over the next 10 years."
The public meeting is on May 22, at 7pm, at the council's HQ in Holt Road, Cromer.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 5 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 6 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 7 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse
- 10 £500,000 public toilet plan gets green light