Public urged to help choose future locations for sporting pitches
- Credit: Archant
People are being asked to recommend new locations for sporting pitches over the next 10 years.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is hosting a public meeting to decide the future provision of playing pitches across the region.
The meeting will give attendees the chance to comment on the findings of the project and recommend improvements to existing facilities or suggest additional sports pitches required to meet the demand. Sports covered include football, rugby, hockey, tennis, bowls, cricket, athletics, running and golf.
Feedback will form part of the 10-year strategy being drawn up for the council's Local Plan.
Sarah Butikofer, NNDC Leader, said: "I'd very much encourage people to attend this meeting. Their views will help us draw up this important strategy, which is designed to provide even better facilities over the next 10 years."
You may also want to watch:
The public meeting is on May 22, at 7pm, at the council's HQ in Holt Road, Cromer.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway