Public urged to help choose future locations for sporting pitches
- Credit: Archant
People are being asked to recommend new locations for sporting pitches over the next 10 years.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is hosting a public meeting to decide the future provision of playing pitches across the region.
The meeting will give attendees the chance to comment on the findings of the project and recommend improvements to existing facilities or suggest additional sports pitches required to meet the demand. Sports covered include football, rugby, hockey, tennis, bowls, cricket, athletics, running and golf.
Feedback will form part of the 10-year strategy being drawn up for the council's Local Plan.
Sarah Butikofer, NNDC Leader, said: "I'd very much encourage people to attend this meeting. Their views will help us draw up this important strategy, which is designed to provide even better facilities over the next 10 years."
You may also want to watch:
The public meeting is on May 22, at 7pm, at the council's HQ in Holt Road, Cromer.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van