Pub punters raise thousands for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A charity car wash, sponsored bike ride and the annual Made in Overstrand day were just some of the events that raised nearly £4,000 for a children's charity.
Fundraising days last year for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) were organised by the White Horse pub in Overstrand and raised £3,956.28.
The generous donation was presented by Sarah Walsgrove, of the White Horse, bar manager James Bird and fundraising committee chairman Nicholas Claridge to EACH fundraiser Gary Cook.
Mr Claridge said: 'We are all delighted with the support and enthusiasm of the White Horse regulars and the generosity of the many holiday visitors who have helped to make last year's fundraising so successful. We are now planning for 2013 and are looking forward to another year of fun events.'
Mr Cook said: 'I would like to thank all the people who have given their time and to all those who gave so generously over the past year. This will go a long way to help us with our work in caring for children and young people in Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 9 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link