Pub punters raise thousands for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A charity car wash, sponsored bike ride and the annual Made in Overstrand day were just some of the events that raised nearly £4,000 for a children's charity.
Fundraising days last year for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) were organised by the White Horse pub in Overstrand and raised £3,956.28.
The generous donation was presented by Sarah Walsgrove, of the White Horse, bar manager James Bird and fundraising committee chairman Nicholas Claridge to EACH fundraiser Gary Cook.
Mr Claridge said: 'We are all delighted with the support and enthusiasm of the White Horse regulars and the generosity of the many holiday visitors who have helped to make last year's fundraising so successful. We are now planning for 2013 and are looking forward to another year of fun events.'
Mr Cook said: 'I would like to thank all the people who have given their time and to all those who gave so generously over the past year. This will go a long way to help us with our work in caring for children and young people in Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car