Pub punters raise thousands for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A charity car wash, sponsored bike ride and the annual Made in Overstrand day were just some of the events that raised nearly £4,000 for a children's charity.
Fundraising days last year for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) were organised by the White Horse pub in Overstrand and raised £3,956.28.
The generous donation was presented by Sarah Walsgrove, of the White Horse, bar manager James Bird and fundraising committee chairman Nicholas Claridge to EACH fundraiser Gary Cook.
Mr Claridge said: 'We are all delighted with the support and enthusiasm of the White Horse regulars and the generosity of the many holiday visitors who have helped to make last year's fundraising so successful. We are now planning for 2013 and are looking forward to another year of fun events.'
Mr Cook said: 'I would like to thank all the people who have given their time and to all those who gave so generously over the past year. This will go a long way to help us with our work in caring for children and young people in Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 5 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 6 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74