Prominent councillors to bow out
Several prominent Norfolk county councillors have decided not to defend their seats at next month's elections on June 4.Outgoing chairman Wyndham Northam from Mundesley, is joined by Barry Connell from Cromer.
Several prominent Norfolk county councillors have decided not to defend their seats at next month's elections on June 4.
Outgoing chairman Wyndham Northam from Mundesley, is joined by Barry Connell from Cromer.
Elsewhere cabinet members Rosalie Monbiot (children's services), and Chris Mowle (adult social services) are retiring.
Thelma Paines, who was chairman of the council in 1999-2000 is also stepping down.
You may also want to watch:
She will be joined by Harriet Panting, member champion for social services - children and families, and previous Labour group leader Irene Macdonald.
Chris How, previous cabinet member for economic development, is to leave his South Smallburgh seat, as is Chris Hull, previous convenor of the Greens and Peter Moore of North Walsham.
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 3 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 4 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 5 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 6 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 7 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 8 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 9 It's Strictly Christmas! Pier's new-look festive show about to launch
- 10 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
They will be joined by Graham Hemming, Shirley Matthews, Ingrid Floering Blackman, Barbara Hacker, Gail Harris, Colin Armes, John Baskerville, Roy Blower and Eve Collishaw.
NOMINATIONS FOR LOCAL SEATS
Key: British National Party -BNP; Conservative - C; Green - G; Independent - Ind; Labour - Lab; Labour and Cooperative Party -Lab&Co; Libertarian Party - LP; LibDem - LD; Lincolnshire Independents -LInd; United Kingdom First -UKF; UK Independence Party UKIP; Standing With No Description -SWND; Suffolk Together -ST. *Star denotes sitting member.
AYLSHAM: I Graham (C); D Harrison (LD)*; D Kemp (Lab)
CROMER: P Bevan Jones (LD); B Russell (UKIP); H Thompson (C); C Vanlint (Lab)
HOLT: M Baker (UKIP); P D'Attoma (G); J Howe (LD); J Perry-Warnes (C)*; J Rowley (Lab)
HOVETON & STALHAM: N Dixon (C); D Russell (Lab&Co); C Sheridan (LD)
MELTON CONSTABLE: T Bartlett (Lab); T Cox (UKIP); S Harvey (G); B Rix (LD); R Wright (C)
MUNDESLEY: G Jones (LD); A Mackay (C); D Spencer (Lab&Co)
NORTH WALSHAM EAST: C Bullinger (C); C Cole (UKIP); P Morse (LD)*; N Mortin (Lab) J Todd (G)
NORTH WALSHAM WEST AND ERPINGHAM: D Clarke (LD); P Harris (Lab&Co); P Willcox (C)
REEPHAM: C Jones (Lab); J Joyce (LD)*; S Woodbridge (C)
SHERINGHAM: M Ashcroft (C); D Batts (Lab&Co); B Hannah (LD)*
SOUTH SMALLBURGH: S Cullingham (Lab); J Parkes (UKIP); P Rice (LD); L West (C)
WROXHAM: N Ball (G); V Beadle (LD); J Carswell (C); M Kemp (Lab)