Prominent councillors to bow out
Several prominent Norfolk county councillors have decided not to defend their seats at next month's elections on June 4.Outgoing chairman Wyndham Northam from Mundesley, is joined by Barry Connell from Cromer.
Several prominent Norfolk county councillors have decided not to defend their seats at next month's elections on June 4.
Outgoing chairman Wyndham Northam from Mundesley, is joined by Barry Connell from Cromer.
Elsewhere cabinet members Rosalie Monbiot (children's services), and Chris Mowle (adult social services) are retiring.
Thelma Paines, who was chairman of the council in 1999-2000 is also stepping down.
You may also want to watch:
She will be joined by Harriet Panting, member champion for social services - children and families, and previous Labour group leader Irene Macdonald.
Chris How, previous cabinet member for economic development, is to leave his South Smallburgh seat, as is Chris Hull, previous convenor of the Greens and Peter Moore of North Walsham.
- 1 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 'Infamous, not famous': School slated for plan to honour traitor
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Firms sought for new industrial units
- 6 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 7 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 8 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 9 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
They will be joined by Graham Hemming, Shirley Matthews, Ingrid Floering Blackman, Barbara Hacker, Gail Harris, Colin Armes, John Baskerville, Roy Blower and Eve Collishaw.
NOMINATIONS FOR LOCAL SEATS
Key: British National Party -BNP; Conservative - C; Green - G; Independent - Ind; Labour - Lab; Labour and Cooperative Party -Lab&Co; Libertarian Party - LP; LibDem - LD; Lincolnshire Independents -LInd; United Kingdom First -UKF; UK Independence Party UKIP; Standing With No Description -SWND; Suffolk Together -ST. *Star denotes sitting member.
AYLSHAM: I Graham (C); D Harrison (LD)*; D Kemp (Lab)
CROMER: P Bevan Jones (LD); B Russell (UKIP); H Thompson (C); C Vanlint (Lab)
HOLT: M Baker (UKIP); P D'Attoma (G); J Howe (LD); J Perry-Warnes (C)*; J Rowley (Lab)
HOVETON & STALHAM: N Dixon (C); D Russell (Lab&Co); C Sheridan (LD)
MELTON CONSTABLE: T Bartlett (Lab); T Cox (UKIP); S Harvey (G); B Rix (LD); R Wright (C)
MUNDESLEY: G Jones (LD); A Mackay (C); D Spencer (Lab&Co)
NORTH WALSHAM EAST: C Bullinger (C); C Cole (UKIP); P Morse (LD)*; N Mortin (Lab) J Todd (G)
NORTH WALSHAM WEST AND ERPINGHAM: D Clarke (LD); P Harris (Lab&Co); P Willcox (C)
REEPHAM: C Jones (Lab); J Joyce (LD)*; S Woodbridge (C)
SHERINGHAM: M Ashcroft (C); D Batts (Lab&Co); B Hannah (LD)*
SOUTH SMALLBURGH: S Cullingham (Lab); J Parkes (UKIP); P Rice (LD); L West (C)
WROXHAM: N Ball (G); V Beadle (LD); J Carswell (C); M Kemp (Lab)