Prince and princess complete Sheringham Carnival ‘royal’ family
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Carnival's 'royal' family has been completed, with the selection of ten-year-old Mollyanne Johnson and Chester Coleman, 6, as prince and princess.
The two youngsters were chosen by carnival queen Mollie Gallon and attendant Niamh Craske at a Medieval-themed party organised by the Open Youth Trust, which runs Sheringham Youth Zone.
Held at the town community centre, the event featured crown-making, sword fighting and dragon slaying, with youngsters also setting off on a quest to find the queen's stolen crown.
Youth leader Izzie Porter said organisers aimed to encourage youngsters' creativity.
'We wanted to steer away from the beauty pageant side of things and have something more fun and interactive,' she added.
You may also want to watch:
Mollyanne and Chester were presented with Starlings toy shop gift vouchers and family tickets for a trip on the North Norfolk Railway's Cowhand Express carnival special.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home