Prince and princess complete Sheringham Carnival ‘royal’ family
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Carnival's 'royal' family has been completed, with the selection of ten-year-old Mollyanne Johnson and Chester Coleman, 6, as prince and princess.
The two youngsters were chosen by carnival queen Mollie Gallon and attendant Niamh Craske at a Medieval-themed party organised by the Open Youth Trust, which runs Sheringham Youth Zone.
Held at the town community centre, the event featured crown-making, sword fighting and dragon slaying, with youngsters also setting off on a quest to find the queen's stolen crown.
Youth leader Izzie Porter said organisers aimed to encourage youngsters' creativity.
'We wanted to steer away from the beauty pageant side of things and have something more fun and interactive,' she added.
You may also want to watch:
Mollyanne and Chester were presented with Starlings toy shop gift vouchers and family tickets for a trip on the North Norfolk Railway's Cowhand Express carnival special.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard