New Norfolk affordable homes community named after popular darts player
- Credit: Archant
A new Norfolk community boasting 24 affordable homes has been named after a popular local figure.
Jimmy Gooch, whose name was given to Gooch Close, off Coast Road in Bacton, was captain of the darts team at the adjacent Duke pub for half a century. He was 92 when he died in 2016.
Mr Gooch's grandchildren James Gooch and Hannah Gent attended a celebratory event hosted by Victory Housing Trust to welcome residents.
The social housing landlord has built 19 new homes for affordable rent to people with a strong local connection to Bacton, as well as five new homes for shared ownership.
Christine Candlish, housing director at Victory, said: 'Building new homes is about much more than just bricks and mortar; we are creating new communities.'
You may also want to watch:
The new development comprises six one-bedroom flats, one one-bedroom house, four one-bedroom bungalows, eight two-bedroom houses, one two-bedroom wheelchair-accessible bungalow, three three-bedroom houses and one four-bedroom house.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes