North Walsham nursery celebrates Norfolk Day
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk nursery has celebrated its favourite county while also raising money for a good cause.
Youngsters at Poppies Children's Nursery in North Walsham's Memorial Park have held belated Norfolk Day celebrations by recreating a day at the seaside.
The events, which will continue across the week, have seen children have fish and chips and ice cream for lunch, dress up in costumes and learn about the work of the air ambulance which often uses the Memorial Park as a landing point.
Michelle Baker, deputy manager at Poppies, said the activities had given the nursery a celebratory atmosphere.
She said: "It's just lovely for the children to be aware of all the things around them, it's really important that they know what it means.
You may also want to watch:
"The air ambulance is very important to us. There's been a lovely atmosphere."
Norfolk Day, an annual event that takes on July 27, is a celebration of everything the county has to offer.
- 1 Person found following lifeboat search in north Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk beach hut wins award for country's best
- 3 Arrests after gang threw glass bottles and kicked victims
- 4 How realistic is Vigil? Verdict of former submariner from Aylsham
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 6 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 7 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 8 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 9 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub