North Walsham nursery celebrates Norfolk Day
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk nursery has celebrated its favourite county while also raising money for a good cause.
Youngsters at Poppies Children's Nursery in North Walsham's Memorial Park have held belated Norfolk Day celebrations by recreating a day at the seaside.
The events, which will continue across the week, have seen children have fish and chips and ice cream for lunch, dress up in costumes and learn about the work of the air ambulance which often uses the Memorial Park as a landing point.
Michelle Baker, deputy manager at Poppies, said the activities had given the nursery a celebratory atmosphere.
She said: "It's just lovely for the children to be aware of all the things around them, it's really important that they know what it means.
"The air ambulance is very important to us. There's been a lovely atmosphere."
Norfolk Day, an annual event that takes on July 27, is a celebration of everything the county has to offer.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers