5000 balls in 24 hours? No problem, say foursome as they attempt pool challenge in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Four intrepid pool players have been knocking balls into pockets throughout the night, as they attempt to pot 5,000 balls over 24 hours for charity.
The small team has been playing pool on a table set up underneath the clock tower in North Walsham's Market Place since 4pm yesterday (Saturday, September 29).
Robert Scammell, Shelby Evans and Callum Tartt, who are all from the town, and Phil McCormick, who is from Bacton, are undertaking the challenge.
Visitors can join in by putting some money towards the cause, and then they get to play until they don't pot anything on a shot.
They are raising money for the League of Friends of the North Walsham Cottage Hospital, and 20-year-old Sophie Kennedy, from Stalham, who has a kidney disorder.
Donations can be made online at www.gofundme.com.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 9 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 10 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce