5000 balls in 24 hours? No problem, say foursome as they attempt pool challenge in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Four intrepid pool players have been knocking balls into pockets throughout the night, as they attempt to pot 5,000 balls over 24 hours for charity.
The small team has been playing pool on a table set up underneath the clock tower in North Walsham's Market Place since 4pm yesterday (Saturday, September 29).
Robert Scammell, Shelby Evans and Callum Tartt, who are all from the town, and Phil McCormick, who is from Bacton, are undertaking the challenge.
Visitors can join in by putting some money towards the cause, and then they get to play until they don't pot anything on a shot.
They are raising money for the League of Friends of the North Walsham Cottage Hospital, and 20-year-old Sophie Kennedy, from Stalham, who has a kidney disorder.
Donations can be made online at www.gofundme.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 2 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 5 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 6 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 7 Bank staff could work from Drill Hall after branch closes
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 10 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?