5000 balls in 24 hours? No problem, say foursome as they attempt pool challenge in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Four intrepid pool players have been knocking balls into pockets throughout the night, as they attempt to pot 5,000 balls over 24 hours for charity.
The small team has been playing pool on a table set up underneath the clock tower in North Walsham's Market Place since 4pm yesterday (Saturday, September 29).
Robert Scammell, Shelby Evans and Callum Tartt, who are all from the town, and Phil McCormick, who is from Bacton, are undertaking the challenge.
Visitors can join in by putting some money towards the cause, and then they get to play until they don't pot anything on a shot.
They are raising money for the League of Friends of the North Walsham Cottage Hospital, and 20-year-old Sophie Kennedy, from Stalham, who has a kidney disorder.
Donations can be made online at www.gofundme.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown