Poll: Would you like to see a mural on this Cromer seafront wall?
- Credit: Archant
Calls are being made for Cromer to get a seafront mural on the curved white wall on the Red Lion steps.
Archant photographer Antony Kelly posted a photo of the area on the Enjoy Cromer More Facebook group, with a suggestion that the wall would be perfect for some artwork by local artist Colin Seal.
The idea quickly gathered pace, with comments on the group including:
? Paul James: 'I see your Colin Seal and raise you Samuel Thomas.'
? Tim Love: 'Brilliant idea - would look amazing!'
You may also want to watch:
? Jackie Rivett: 'LOVE this idea!! Plenty of local artists would I'm sure relish the chance to have that as a canvas.'
Former Cromer mayor Tim Adams said the area belonged to North Norfolk District Council, and he hoped it would allow a mural on the wall.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 9 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
Cromer Chamber of Trade president Gary Dickenson said: 'The mural is a fantastic idea. That space is crying out for a piece of art that adds to an already wonderful promenade. Cromer has a rich pool of talented artists; it would be great to see them collaborate on this.'