Police to focus efforts on car crime
Car crime has been highlighted as one of the key problems in North Walsham.Families living in the area raised the problem at the town's Safer Neighbourhood meeting and the problem is now to be the focus for the police and partner organisations.
Car crime has been highlighted as one of the key problems in North Walsham.
Families living in the area raised the problem at the town's Safer Neighbourhood meeting and the problem is now to be the focus for the police and partner organisations.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'A recurring problem with theft from motor vehicles is that owners are often leaving vehicles unlocked on their driveways with items of value clearly on display - this is an open invitation to the opportunist thief.'
In an effort to combat the thefts and educate motorists the team is holding a crime prevention surgery at the town's branch of Sainsbury's on Sunday between 12noon and 3pm.
The spokesman added: 'They will also be visiting car parks to identify vehicles left unlocked and those with items of value on display. Letters will be sent to the registered owners advising them to take greater care of their property.'
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 5 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 6 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 7 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 8 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts