Police to focus efforts on car crime
Car crime has been highlighted as one of the key problems in North Walsham.Families living in the area raised the problem at the town's Safer Neighbourhood meeting and the problem is now to be the focus for the police and partner organisations.
Car crime has been highlighted as one of the key problems in North Walsham.
Families living in the area raised the problem at the town's Safer Neighbourhood meeting and the problem is now to be the focus for the police and partner organisations.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'A recurring problem with theft from motor vehicles is that owners are often leaving vehicles unlocked on their driveways with items of value clearly on display - this is an open invitation to the opportunist thief.'
In an effort to combat the thefts and educate motorists the team is holding a crime prevention surgery at the town's branch of Sainsbury's on Sunday between 12noon and 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: 'They will also be visiting car parks to identify vehicles left unlocked and those with items of value on display. Letters will be sent to the registered owners advising them to take greater care of their property.'
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 10 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village