Woman ‘horrified’ after digger is stolen from front garden
- Credit: Archant
A woman said she was 'horrified' after a mini-digger and the trailer it was on were stolen from her driveway in a Norfolk village.
Katie Daniels, who lives in Glebe Crescent in Cawston, near Aylsham, said she noticed the digger had been stolen when she came home from college during her lunch break on Thursday, March 28.
Miss Daniels, 18, who lives with her parents and her brother, said: 'I was horrified as I wouldn't expect it to happen.
'You see on Facebook about other people needing help and needing their posts shared to find what people have stolen from them but you wouldn't think of it happening to you.'
Miss Daniels said the digger and trailer were worth around £6,000, and were owned by the family for work in the garden, and other construction projects.
You may also want to watch:
She said she was shocked to find someone gone onto their property to take it.
Miss Daniels said: 'I came home on my lunch break around 12.45pm and I noticed that the front driveway was a mess, which I knew wasn't right.
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 9 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
'They had dragged another trailer out of the way to get to the digger.
'They didn't care that the trailer almost went through the fence, about the dogs barking at them or about the neighbours either side of us that were home.'
Miss Daniels said she believed someone driving a green Nissan Navara was responsible, as one had apparently been seen towing the trailer through Cawston.
She said: 'When they pulled out they obviously cut some people off or something as neighbours heard car horns at the same time as hearing them leave.'
A spokesman for Norfolk police said they were investigating.
He said: 'We are investigating the theft of a mini-digger and trailer from a garden in Glebe Crescent in Cawston between 9am and 12.45pm on March 28.'
Anyone who has any information about the stolen digger and trailer should contact Norfolk police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously via 0800 555 111 or their online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.