Playtime comes early at Sheringham nursery
A nursery school in Sheringham is one of a number of groups across north Norfolk to benefit from our Community Chest campaign this month.
Ladybird Pre-school will receive £250 towards re-surfacing an outside play area with an impact absorbing surface.
Eighty organisations, from every corner of our region, have been given a share of £19,150 this week. Grants range from £100 to £500 and are being distributed among non-profit groups which collected tokens throughout February.
As with the previous month, our 'dragons' – who decide which groups receive the money – have given away more cash than expected: an additional £7,000. The Community Chest campaign, in association with the Norfolk Community Foundation, has now handed out more than £62,000 since it was launched.
Nigel Pickover, editor-in-chief of our sister title Eastern Daily Press and one of our dragons, said: 'Month two of Community Chest saw more than 200 applications for grants – and our 'dragons' supported some 80 applications with contributions. There's a huge cry for help from our communities and we're delighted to be able to help in some way. Month three is now well under way and we want many more applications this time so keep collecting your tokens. There's another big chance to get some cash.'
You may also want to watch:
The beneficiaries can be found on the map and those that were unsuccessful will receive a 50-token ticket to begin their next submission.
Unsuccessful applicants are also welcome to apply again next month.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
For more about the campaign, visit www.edp24.co.uk/communitychest