Playtime comes early at Sheringham nursery
A nursery school in Sheringham is one of a number of groups across north Norfolk to benefit from our Community Chest campaign this month.
Ladybird Pre-school will receive £250 towards re-surfacing an outside play area with an impact absorbing surface.
Eighty organisations, from every corner of our region, have been given a share of £19,150 this week. Grants range from £100 to £500 and are being distributed among non-profit groups which collected tokens throughout February.
As with the previous month, our 'dragons' – who decide which groups receive the money – have given away more cash than expected: an additional £7,000. The Community Chest campaign, in association with the Norfolk Community Foundation, has now handed out more than £62,000 since it was launched.
Nigel Pickover, editor-in-chief of our sister title Eastern Daily Press and one of our dragons, said: 'Month two of Community Chest saw more than 200 applications for grants – and our 'dragons' supported some 80 applications with contributions. There's a huge cry for help from our communities and we're delighted to be able to help in some way. Month three is now well under way and we want many more applications this time so keep collecting your tokens. There's another big chance to get some cash.'
You may also want to watch:
The beneficiaries can be found on the map and those that were unsuccessful will receive a 50-token ticket to begin their next submission.
Unsuccessful applicants are also welcome to apply again next month.
- 1 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 2 'The British are very hardy' - North Norfolk's hospitality sector reopens
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
- 5 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
- 6 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 7 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
- 8 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Cold snap! Coldest April overnight temperatures in eight years recorded
For more about the campaign, visit www.edp24.co.uk/communitychest