Plans for wind generator in Bacton
Plans have been put forward for a 15m high wind generator to be erected at a North Norfolk farm.
The proposals, concerning Church Farm in Bacton, have been submitted to North Norfolk District Council and are currently under consultation.
Planning documents submitted with the application, state: 'The project will provide Church Farm with a suitable method of generating a renewable, sustainable and efficient electrical energy supply.
'The generator to be installed is economically viable, robust and quiet by design and extremely efficient.
'The proposed site has been chosen to minimise any visual impact and / or noise disturbance.'
The wind generator is expected to generate an average of 17.56 MWh of electricity each year, equivalent to a saving of 9.43 tonnes of carbon dioxide.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets