Plans for wind generator in Bacton
Plans have been put forward for a 15m high wind generator to be erected at a North Norfolk farm.
The proposals, concerning Church Farm in Bacton, have been submitted to North Norfolk District Council and are currently under consultation.
Planning documents submitted with the application, state: 'The project will provide Church Farm with a suitable method of generating a renewable, sustainable and efficient electrical energy supply.
'The generator to be installed is economically viable, robust and quiet by design and extremely efficient.
'The proposed site has been chosen to minimise any visual impact and / or noise disturbance.'
You may also want to watch:
The wind generator is expected to generate an average of 17.56 MWh of electricity each year, equivalent to a saving of 9.43 tonnes of carbon dioxide.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 7 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 8 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping