New car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Archant
A new weekly car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads.
The sales would take place on the playing field behind the village hall at Hoveton.
Jilly Gourlay has applied to North Norfolk District Council on behalf of the village hall trustees for permission to hold the sales.
The application says: "We [the trustees] would like to obtain permission to hold car boot tales every week on our playing field, to raise much needed funds to keep our wonderful amenity open for our community."
Although car boot sales have been held on the field before, planning permission is needed to hold them on more than 28 days a year.
You may also want to watch:
The village hall committee also plan to open their bowls club kitchen as a community cafe, seven days a week, and want the option of having a fast food van on the hall's their car park.
The application letter added: "These two things will help our village hall survive financially."
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 6 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 7 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 8 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer