New car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Archant
A new weekly car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads.
The sales would take place on the playing field behind the village hall at Hoveton.
Jilly Gourlay has applied to North Norfolk District Council on behalf of the village hall trustees for permission to hold the sales.
The application says: "We [the trustees] would like to obtain permission to hold car boot tales every week on our playing field, to raise much needed funds to keep our wonderful amenity open for our community."
Although car boot sales have been held on the field before, planning permission is needed to hold them on more than 28 days a year.
You may also want to watch:
The village hall committee also plan to open their bowls club kitchen as a community cafe, seven days a week, and want the option of having a fast food van on the hall's their car park.
The application letter added: "These two things will help our village hall survive financially."
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 3 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 5 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 8 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 9 Jury to hear closing speeches in North Walsham murder trial
- 10 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ