New car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Archant
A new weekly car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads.
The sales would take place on the playing field behind the village hall at Hoveton.
Jilly Gourlay has applied to North Norfolk District Council on behalf of the village hall trustees for permission to hold the sales.
The application says: "We [the trustees] would like to obtain permission to hold car boot tales every week on our playing field, to raise much needed funds to keep our wonderful amenity open for our community."
Although car boot sales have been held on the field before, planning permission is needed to hold them on more than 28 days a year.
The village hall committee also plan to open their bowls club kitchen as a community cafe, seven days a week, and want the option of having a fast food van on the hall's their car park.
The application letter added: "These two things will help our village hall survive financially."
- 1 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 2 Light it up! Hundreds flock to Cromer Christmas festival
- 3 New 'boutique hotel' for hedgehogs opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 7 Village sub postmistress hangs up her date stamp after 24 years
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 10 Your say: How would you improve Holt?