New car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Archant
A new weekly car boot sale could be coming to the Norfolk Broads.
The sales would take place on the playing field behind the village hall at Hoveton.
Jilly Gourlay has applied to North Norfolk District Council on behalf of the village hall trustees for permission to hold the sales.
The application says: "We [the trustees] would like to obtain permission to hold car boot tales every week on our playing field, to raise much needed funds to keep our wonderful amenity open for our community."
Although car boot sales have been held on the field before, planning permission is needed to hold them on more than 28 days a year.
You may also want to watch:
The village hall committee also plan to open their bowls club kitchen as a community cafe, seven days a week, and want the option of having a fast food van on the hall's their car park.
The application letter added: "These two things will help our village hall survive financially."
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Dog boutique to celebrate second birthday with treats for pooches
- 10 Driver, 21, left paralysed after crashing into tree, court told