Six homes could be created on the Kelling Estate
- Credit: Archant
Six new homes could be created by demolishing a pig shed and converting other buildings on the Kelling Estate in north Norfolk.
Plans have been lodged with North Norfolk District Council for the Warren Farm Barns site in Warren Road, High Kelling, near Holt.
Documents submitted with the application state that: 'The proposals form part of an overarching strategy which is being developed in conjunction with an
estate masterplan intended to make more beneficial use of existing buildings and land-holdings, the returns of which can be re-invested in the estate to enable it to become self-sustaining in the future.'
The application originally sought planning permission for eight dwellings, but was amended following feedback from planning officers and consideration of consultation responses.
You may also want to watch:
By comparison with the original application more of the existing barn will be retained and converted, including the lean-to to the rear and the pitched roof pig barn to the front/south.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser