Pirates descend on Norfolk care home
- Credit: Archant
A pirate-themed day was held at a north Norfolk care home.
Staff and residents at Manor House in North Walsham Wood dressed up in costumes and props and pirate-themed cakes were enjoyed by all.
Everyone also made an effort to talk like a pirate which led to lots of laughter throughout the home.
The day was part of a packed programme of events and entertainment on offer.
Home manager Paula Pawsey said: 'It was such fun creating our pirate day. The international day is all very tongue in cheek, but we thought we'd make the most of it and have a real laugh with our residents who thought it was brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
'Laughter is very important to us here and our pirate day certainly made sure that laughter filled the air all day long.'
International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19 is a parodic holiday created in the US in 1995.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes