Pirates descend on Norfolk care home
- Credit: Archant
A pirate-themed day was held at a north Norfolk care home.
Staff and residents at Manor House in North Walsham Wood dressed up in costumes and props and pirate-themed cakes were enjoyed by all.
Everyone also made an effort to talk like a pirate which led to lots of laughter throughout the home.
The day was part of a packed programme of events and entertainment on offer.
Home manager Paula Pawsey said: 'It was such fun creating our pirate day. The international day is all very tongue in cheek, but we thought we'd make the most of it and have a real laugh with our residents who thought it was brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
'Laughter is very important to us here and our pirate day certainly made sure that laughter filled the air all day long.'
International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19 is a parodic holiday created in the US in 1995.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 10 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village