Pirates descend on Norfolk care home
- Credit: Archant
A pirate-themed day was held at a north Norfolk care home.
Staff and residents at Manor House in North Walsham Wood dressed up in costumes and props and pirate-themed cakes were enjoyed by all.
Everyone also made an effort to talk like a pirate which led to lots of laughter throughout the home.
The day was part of a packed programme of events and entertainment on offer.
Home manager Paula Pawsey said: 'It was such fun creating our pirate day. The international day is all very tongue in cheek, but we thought we'd make the most of it and have a real laugh with our residents who thought it was brilliant.
'Laughter is very important to us here and our pirate day certainly made sure that laughter filled the air all day long.'
International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19 is a parodic holiday created in the US in 1995.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 4 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 5 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 8 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 9 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 10 Coffin nails and metal hips raise thousands for hospice