PICTURES: North Walsham High School prom
Students put on their best dresses and suits to say goodbye to school in style amid madcap transport and casino tables.
Banger racers and buses were among the vehicles which brought more than 120 youngsters from North Walsham High School to their farewell event.
It was held at Northrepps Cottage, where they arrived in a cavalcade which also included stretch limousines, a camper van and even a mobility scooter.
One lad arrived turned up in his own banger racing car, and another on a tractor, said organiser Emma Bullen from the school office.
There was a buffet meal, and chocolate fountain, and for the first time, a fun casino featuring card and roulette tables where winners could pick up prizes rather than fortunes for their skill and luck
Teacher Carol Wall also made a casino-themed cake with cards and dice on it, to match the occasion.
Entertainment came from the Gary James disco, before the youngsters left just before midnight.
- 1 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 2 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 3 Food review, The Crawfish Inn, Thursford: ‘Massive value for money'
- 4 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 5 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 6 School celebrates being Norfolk's first to gain LGBTQ+ inclusion award
- 7 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 9 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
During the year students and staff helped subsidise the event through a string of money-raising events including cake stalls, talent shows, and non-uniform days.
The prom photos are by Jennifer Robbins