Pictures from the past show people enjoying fun in the sun in Cromer
Cromer, as a seaside town, has always been a place associated with summer holidays and sunshine.
And as the nights begin to draw in, what better way to remember sunnier times, than looking back at pictures celebrating Cromer's history as a place for both holidaymakers and locals?
Pictured in 1972 are people heading off from Cromer on a bus trip to Naples. While in this photo from 1956, Whit Monday daytrippers arrive in the seaside town to enjoy a bank holiday on the beach.
Cromer also has many popular events - enjoyed by visitors and townspeople alike - including this picture from 1982 of the packed seafront at Cromer Carnival as revellers enjoy the fancy dress parade.
The annual waiters' race is also a highlight of the Carnival, shown here in this photo from 1963.
And finally, sand sculptures and rock pools on Cromer's famous beach show locals and visitors coming to together to enjoy the British seaside.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained