Pictures from the past show people enjoying fun in the sun in Cromer
Cromer, as a seaside town, has always been a place associated with summer holidays and sunshine.
And as the nights begin to draw in, what better way to remember sunnier times, than looking back at pictures celebrating Cromer's history as a place for both holidaymakers and locals?
Pictured in 1972 are people heading off from Cromer on a bus trip to Naples. While in this photo from 1956, Whit Monday daytrippers arrive in the seaside town to enjoy a bank holiday on the beach.
Cromer also has many popular events - enjoyed by visitors and townspeople alike - including this picture from 1982 of the packed seafront at Cromer Carnival as revellers enjoy the fancy dress parade.
The annual waiters' race is also a highlight of the Carnival, shown here in this photo from 1963.
You may also want to watch:
And finally, sand sculptures and rock pools on Cromer's famous beach show locals and visitors coming to together to enjoy the British seaside.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 9 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?