“Seeing them do this made me shudder”: Photograph captures pair standing on sea wall despite dangerous waves
- Credit: Alison Toon
An image of two people standing on the promenade edge overlooking viscous waves has sparked disbelief on a north Norfolk facebook page.
A photograph taken on March 15 shows two people standing on the seafront wall with waves smashing directly in front of them and over the wall.
Photographer Alison Toon wrote: 'Seeing them do this made me shudder... I think they walked away without harm.'
Other members of the facebook group, Enjoy Cromer More, commented in anguish that the pair had put themselves, and potentially others, in danger.
Katy Jackson wrote: 'That is ridiculously stupid. If they fell in it's not just their lives they are putting at risk, it's also their rescuers live's too.'
Some suggested the pair were merely thrill-seekers, but Tara Fletcher-Rollison added: 'I don't think anyone is suggesting we shouldn't have fun, but to just not have fun where you may be endangering both your own life, and those of people who would need to rescue you.
'Remember the damage the sea did to our beautiful seafront a few years ago.'
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'