Petition to grit Coltishall road handed over
A petition calling for a stretch of road in Coltishall which it is claimed has been the scene of numerous accidents to be included on the gritting route, has been handed over to councillors.
Coltishall Parish Council are campaigning for the Great Hautbois to Badersfield Road, which leads to the new village of Badersfield and HMP Bure, based on the old RAF Coltishall site, to be included on Norfolk County Council's current gritting schedule.
The finalised petition, with 619 signatures, was presented to Norfolk County Councillor James Carswell, on Monday, January 10.
Also handed over were 16 emails calling for the road to be gritted.
A spokesman for the parish council said: 'James is committed to presenting the concerns and this request from Coltishall, Great Hautbois, Buxton, Badersfield and HMP Bure staff to the head of the highways department at County Hall.'
You may also want to watch:
The county council have said there is already a treated route to the prison, through the village of Buxton with Lamas along the B1150, and they do not have much spare capacity for gritting.
They added that parish councils could buy grit bins themselves and the county council would provide road salt.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 4 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 5 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 6 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'It's magical' - Woman finds bliss among the seals