Woman suffers head injury in two-vehicle crash in Norfolk village
- Credit: Google Streetview
Two women were taken to hospital after a two-vehicle crash in a Norfolk village.
Police were called to Norwich Road in Horstead just before 8.20am today.
The crash involved an Audi and a Nissan Micra and blocked the road, with police still on scene two hours later.
An ambulance crew was sent and took the women - one in her 30s and another in her 70s - to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
One of the patients was reported to have a head injury but no further details were provided.
Fire crews from Sprowston and Holt were called to the crash to cut one person free from a vehicle before providing trauma care.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'An ambulance crew was dispatched and arrived at the scene at 9.25am. Two women, one in her 30s and one in her 70s, were taken to hospital.'
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 Will new lease mean a new surface for this pothole-riddled carpark?
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 6 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 7 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show
- 8 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 9 Lifeboat rescues seasick crew on struggling 45ft cruiser
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee