Pensioner hurt in bingo night accident
An 85-year-old woman pedestrian is in a critical condition after being seriously hurt in a crash at East Runton near Cromer last night.The pensioner was on her way to a bingo session at the Fishing Boat pub, when she was involved in an accident with a white Renault Megane car in the High Street at 6.
AN 85-year-old woman pedestrian was seriously hurt in an accident as she walked to a bingo session in her home village.
The pensioner was on her way to bingo night at the East Runton Fishing Boat pub when she was hit by a white Renault Megane car travelling along the High Street towards Sheringham at 6.40pm on Monday night.
Police on Tuesday said she was in a stable condition at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The victim has not been named, but is known to be a long-standing villager who helps with the local history archives.
You may also want to watch:
Parish councillor Ray Spinks, who runs the Kit Bag army surplus shop near the accident scene, said local concerns about road safety through the village -particularly in the busy summer months - would see a 20mph limit, flashing signs and wider pavements introduced next year.
Any witnesses of the accident are asked to contact the Aylsham road policing unit on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake