Pensioner dies in head-on crash at Hevingham
Shaun LowthorpeA pensioner has died after a head-on collision on the A140, north of Norwich.Shaun Lowthorpe
A pensioner has died after a head-on collision on the A140, north of Norwich.
The accident happened at 3.20pm today on the Cromer Road, at Hevingham.
Crews from the East of England Air Ambulance were also called, but the woman, believed to be in her 70s, died on scene.
Paramedics also treated two other women, one in her 60s and one in her 40s.
You may also want to watch:
Police accident investigators are currently at the crash site while the road is closed at the Aylsham roundabout and also on the northbound carriageway at Shorthorn Road.
In a separate incident a 57-year-old man suffered minor injuries after a head-on crash at Britons Lane, Beeston Regis, near Sheringham at 3.25pm.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 3 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 8 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
A 64-year-old woman was treated for neck pain after collision outside the Royston Hotel, in Wellesley Road, Yarmouth at 3.39pm.