Pensioner dies in head-on crash at Hevingham
Shaun LowthorpeA pensioner has died after a head-on collision on the A140, north of Norwich.Shaun Lowthorpe
A pensioner has died after a head-on collision on the A140, north of Norwich.
The accident happened at 3.20pm today on the Cromer Road, at Hevingham.
Crews from the East of England Air Ambulance were also called, but the woman, believed to be in her 70s, died on scene.
Paramedics also treated two other women, one in her 60s and one in her 40s.
Police accident investigators are currently at the crash site while the road is closed at the Aylsham roundabout and also on the northbound carriageway at Shorthorn Road.
In a separate incident a 57-year-old man suffered minor injuries after a head-on crash at Britons Lane, Beeston Regis, near Sheringham at 3.25pm.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 7 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 8 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
A 64-year-old woman was treated for neck pain after collision outside the Royston Hotel, in Wellesley Road, Yarmouth at 3.39pm.