New courses on offer at north Norfolk college
- Credit: Archant
New courses for young people and adults covering everything from business to health are being offered by a North Walsham sixth-form college.
Paston College is widening its choice of higher education-linked courses, which was one of the aims of its merger with City College Norwich last year.
The new offer for full-time 16 to 19-year-olds - available from September 2018 - includes an additional A Level that could be taken as part of a full A Level programme, plus the introduction of two new full-time vocational Level 2 courses: A Level History of Art, Level 2 Business and Level 2 Health & Social Care.
For learners aged 19 and over who are considering a change of career or who would like to start working towards degree-level study in the future, the following pre-access courses are planned for the summer and autumn terms: Level 2 Pre-Access Award (units including: Investigating a Career; IT Communication Fundamentals; Communicating Information); available to start in the autumn term: Level 2 Pre-Access Certificate/Diploma (in some or all of the following areas; Humanities, Social Science and The Arts; Health Sciences; Science and Engineering).
The pre-access courses, along with appropriate GCSE English and maths grades, will enable progression onto a full-time Access to Higher Education pathway with City College Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Six-week leisure courses, running on Tuesday evenings, will start on may 1. These will include: Arts & Crafts: Crochet for Beginners; Arts & Crafts: Printmaking for Beginners; Arts & Crafts: Sewing for Beginners; Creative Writing for Beginners; Digital Photography and Photoshop; Improving your Mobile Phone Photography; Introduction to Film Editing
Corrienne Peasgood, principal, said: 'Following the priorities set out by the area review of post-16 further education and training, I am delighted that we have made this important start in widening the learning opportunities available in north-east Norfolk.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 9 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
'These new courses bring greater choice of A Levels at Paston College, whilst introducing new vocational options for 16 to 19-year-olds and new pathways for adults seeking to move on to Access to Higher Education courses.
'We can't wait to welcome lots of new faces to our college, including in the evenings through our newly launched suite of leisure courses.'
Visit www.paston.ac.uk/adultcourselaunch for more information.