Nursery tots line up for pancake-flipping fun
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at Sheringham's Ladybird Pre-school Nursery put their frying pans skills to the test, during a pancake-themed morning of activities organised as part of the Cromer Road group's traditional Shrove Tuesday celebrations.
Cheered on by staff, parents and grandparents, the three and four-year-olds raced up and down the playground carrying toy saucepans containing miniature pancakes cooked up by Ladybird committee member Karen Perrem, before being presented with Olympic-style gold medals and sweets.
Nursery manager Vanessa Harris said the youngsters, who also sang pancake-themed songs and tucked in to pancakes with blueberries, strawberries at snack time, looked forward to the event and enjoyed taking part.
She added: 'It is also really nice for the parents to come along and watch their children, it's a great British tradition and it raises some much-needed funds for Ladybird at the same time.'
- 1 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed
- 2 Bar and restaurant could open in old coach house
- 3 'Something a bit different' - Tex-Mex shack spices up seaside town
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Three people injured after Land Rover and lorry crash on the A140
- 6 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 7 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 8 Missing north Norfolk woman found safe and well in Leeds
- 9 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 10 Norfolk beaches named among best for winter walks in UK