Poisonous palm oil was main item found at beach clean-up
PUBLISHED: 09:46 25 May 2019 | UPDATED: 09:46 25 May 2019
Palm oil, which is deadly to dogs, was the major offending item found by a team of around 50 volunteers during a beach clean at Sea Palling.
Girl guides, brownies and rainbows from Wroxham joined Lions Club members for the clean up day, which also netted a range of discarded trash.
Rachel Spight, from the Wroxham and Hoveton Lions Club, who organised the clean-up, said: "We collected mostly palm oil but did get quite a bit of rubbish including drinks cans, string and food wrappers."
Ships are permitted to dump palm oil into the sea if they are at least 12 miles offshore, is poisonous to dogs if they ingest it.
Ms Spight said she was prompted to organise the beach clean out of a wish to do something to help the environment.
For more information about beach cleans in Norfolk, visit www.norfolkcoastaonb.org.uk/partnership/beach-clean-events/691.
You may also want to watch:
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Norfolk News. Click the link in the orange box above for details.