Overstrand post office to relocate
A north Norfolk village post office is set to move just a few yards down the road.
Post Office Ltd has been holding a consultation on its proposal to relocate Overstrand Post Office, currently at 44 High Street, 50 yards away, to 36 High Street, which is currently Central Stores.
After holding the consultation, the Post office announced on Tuesday the move will go ahead.
A spokesman for the Post Office said; 'We received a small number of comments from customers and local representatives all in support of the move.'
The same range of services will be available and the premises will also have access for disabled customers and a hearing loop.
You may also want to watch:
The post office will be open Monday - Friday from 9am - 5.30pm and on Saturday from 9am - 1pm.
The branch will close at its current location on Saturday, February 26 at 1pm and the new branch will open on Wednesday, March 2 at 9am.
- 1 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 6 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 7 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 8 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 9 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 10 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
The nearest branch during the closure is Suffield Post Office, 50 Mill Road, Cromer.