Overstrand post office to relocate
A north Norfolk village post office is set to move just a few yards down the road.
Post Office Ltd has been holding a consultation on its proposal to relocate Overstrand Post Office, currently at 44 High Street, 50 yards away, to 36 High Street, which is currently Central Stores.
After holding the consultation, the Post office announced on Tuesday the move will go ahead.
A spokesman for the Post Office said; 'We received a small number of comments from customers and local representatives all in support of the move.'
The same range of services will be available and the premises will also have access for disabled customers and a hearing loop.
The post office will be open Monday - Friday from 9am - 5.30pm and on Saturday from 9am - 1pm.
The branch will close at its current location on Saturday, February 26 at 1pm and the new branch will open on Wednesday, March 2 at 9am.
- 1 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 2 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 3 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 4 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 5 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 6 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
- 7 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 9 Obituary: Milkman who did the rounds for 40 years dies aged 81
- 10 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
The nearest branch during the closure is Suffield Post Office, 50 Mill Road, Cromer.