Overstrand post office to relocate
A north Norfolk village post office is set to move just a few yards down the road.
Post Office Ltd has been holding a consultation on its proposal to relocate Overstrand Post Office, currently at 44 High Street, 50 yards away, to 36 High Street, which is currently Central Stores.
After holding the consultation, the Post office announced on Tuesday the move will go ahead.
A spokesman for the Post Office said; 'We received a small number of comments from customers and local representatives all in support of the move.'
The same range of services will be available and the premises will also have access for disabled customers and a hearing loop.
You may also want to watch:
The post office will be open Monday - Friday from 9am - 5.30pm and on Saturday from 9am - 1pm.
The branch will close at its current location on Saturday, February 26 at 1pm and the new branch will open on Wednesday, March 2 at 9am.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
The nearest branch during the closure is Suffield Post Office, 50 Mill Road, Cromer.