Overstrand post office to relocate
A north Norfolk village post office is set to move just a few yards down the road.
Post Office Ltd has been holding a consultation on its proposal to relocate Overstrand Post Office, currently at 44 High Street, 50 yards away, to 36 High Street, which is currently Central Stores.
After holding the consultation, the Post office announced on Tuesday the move will go ahead.
A spokesman for the Post Office said; 'We received a small number of comments from customers and local representatives all in support of the move.'
The same range of services will be available and the premises will also have access for disabled customers and a hearing loop.
You may also want to watch:
The post office will be open Monday - Friday from 9am - 5.30pm and on Saturday from 9am - 1pm.
The branch will close at its current location on Saturday, February 26 at 1pm and the new branch will open on Wednesday, March 2 at 9am.
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 8 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
The nearest branch during the closure is Suffield Post Office, 50 Mill Road, Cromer.