Overstrand post office to relocate
A north Norfolk village post office is set to move just a few yards down the road.
Post Office Ltd has been holding a consultation on its proposal to relocate Overstrand Post Office, currently at 44 High Street, 50 yards away, to 36 High Street, which is currently Central Stores.
After holding the consultation, the Post office announced on Tuesday the move will go ahead.
A spokesman for the Post Office said; 'We received a small number of comments from customers and local representatives all in support of the move.'
The same range of services will be available and the premises will also have access for disabled customers and a hearing loop.
The post office will be open Monday - Friday from 9am - 5.30pm and on Saturday from 9am - 1pm.
The branch will close at its current location on Saturday, February 26 at 1pm and the new branch will open on Wednesday, March 2 at 9am.
- 1 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 2 New woodfired pizza restaurant could open in Norfolk town
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 See inside 'stylish' barn conversion for sale in north Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man dressed as Henry VIII launches special Jubilee railway
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Guide to North Norfolk events
- 10 Neighbourhood plan takes another step forward
The nearest branch during the closure is Suffield Post Office, 50 Mill Road, Cromer.