New Guide Dogs for Blind branch launched at north Norfolk show
- Credit: Archant
There were lots of wet noses and wagging tails when 150 dogs and their owners took part in an annual north Norfolk bank holiday attraction.
There were 13 categories at the Overstrand fun dog show, at the Sea Marge Hotel, and best in show was won by Jim Balcombe and his rescue dog Turner.
Show organiser Mickey Sewell said: "Thanks to our sponsors and those from Overstrand Together who set up the event and, most importantly, the dog owners who made it such a fun day."
Guide Dogs for the Blind also launched its North Norfolk fundraising group covering Sheringham, Cromer, Overstrand and inland to North Walsham.
Mandy Loveder, community fundraising development officer, said: "Volunteers and fundraisers will work together to attend events, take on collections and put collection boxes around the area."
You may also want to watch:
If you want to be a volunteer, call Mandy Loveder on 07468 711890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer