New Guide Dogs for Blind branch launched at north Norfolk show
- Credit: Archant
There were lots of wet noses and wagging tails when 150 dogs and their owners took part in an annual north Norfolk bank holiday attraction.
There were 13 categories at the Overstrand fun dog show, at the Sea Marge Hotel, and best in show was won by Jim Balcombe and his rescue dog Turner.
Show organiser Mickey Sewell said: "Thanks to our sponsors and those from Overstrand Together who set up the event and, most importantly, the dog owners who made it such a fun day."
Guide Dogs for the Blind also launched its North Norfolk fundraising group covering Sheringham, Cromer, Overstrand and inland to North Walsham.
Mandy Loveder, community fundraising development officer, said: "Volunteers and fundraisers will work together to attend events, take on collections and put collection boxes around the area."
You may also want to watch:
If you want to be a volunteer, call Mandy Loveder on 07468 711890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit