Over 65s invited to get active for free next week
- Credit: Archant Library
Over 65s in north Norfolk can get in for free at three leisure centres next week.
Everyone Active is offering free gym or senior swim sessions from Monday, October 28 to Friday, November 1.
They are being offered in response to research commissioned by the leisure operator, which revealed that more than three quarters of over-65s do not hit the recommended weekly exercise targets advised by the NHS.
Victory Swim and Fitness Centre in North Walsham, Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre and Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre in Sheringham will be free to over 65s from 10am to 4pm. The leisure operator is also offering its Senior Swim sessions for free during this time.
David Bibby, managing director at Everyone Active, said: "Research proves there is still a lot of work needed to improve activity levels among people aged 65 and over in the community."
register for the offer at www.everyoneactive.com/AgeIsJustANumber.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 2 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 3 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 'Fishermen should grow up' - Report sparks clash over crab fishery
- 6 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 9 Historian's shock over footprints on Edith Cavell tombstone
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray