Over 65s invited to get active for free next week
- Credit: Archant Library
Over 65s in north Norfolk can get in for free at three leisure centres next week.
Everyone Active is offering free gym or senior swim sessions from Monday, October 28 to Friday, November 1.
They are being offered in response to research commissioned by the leisure operator, which revealed that more than three quarters of over-65s do not hit the recommended weekly exercise targets advised by the NHS.
Victory Swim and Fitness Centre in North Walsham, Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre and Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre in Sheringham will be free to over 65s from 10am to 4pm. The leisure operator is also offering its Senior Swim sessions for free during this time.
David Bibby, managing director at Everyone Active, said: "Research proves there is still a lot of work needed to improve activity levels among people aged 65 and over in the community."
register for the offer at www.everyoneactive.com/AgeIsJustANumber.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 8 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches