Otterndorf twinning goes well
Sheringham Otterndorf Twinning Association reported on a successful and busy year at its annual meeting.Chairman Evelyn Meakin said the group's 80-plus members had enjoyed various social events, with a visit to Otterndorf in May the highlight of the year.
Sheringham Otterndorf Twinning Association reported on a successful and busy year at its annual meeting.
Chairman Evelyn Meakin said the group's 80-plus members had enjoyed various social events, with a visit to Otterndorf in May the highlight of the year.
"Three cyclists and their young families joined the group for a five-day stay and the wonderful hospitality and generosity of the people of Otterndorf made it a most memorable visit," Mrs Meakin said.
Numerous exchanges had taken place between individuals and association members could now look forward to a return visit from the Otterndorf group next summer, she added.
You may also want to watch:
The committee is now hoping to work with local groups to develop the association's youth exchange work.
This year's main fundraising activity was the annual open gardens event, which also supported a number of local charities. Group members manned a successful stall at Sheringham's Christmas light switch-on.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
Twinning members can now look forward to a Christmas social later this month.
Anyone interested in joining Sheringham Otterndorf Twinning Association should contact town mayor Noel Gant on 01263 822213 or association chairman Evelyn Meakin on 01263 823818.