Otterndorf twinning goes well
Sheringham Otterndorf Twinning Association reported on a successful and busy year at its annual meeting.Chairman Evelyn Meakin said the group's 80-plus members had enjoyed various social events, with a visit to Otterndorf in May the highlight of the year.
Sheringham Otterndorf Twinning Association reported on a successful and busy year at its annual meeting.
Chairman Evelyn Meakin said the group's 80-plus members had enjoyed various social events, with a visit to Otterndorf in May the highlight of the year.
"Three cyclists and their young families joined the group for a five-day stay and the wonderful hospitality and generosity of the people of Otterndorf made it a most memorable visit," Mrs Meakin said.
Numerous exchanges had taken place between individuals and association members could now look forward to a return visit from the Otterndorf group next summer, she added.
You may also want to watch:
The committee is now hoping to work with local groups to develop the association's youth exchange work.
This year's main fundraising activity was the annual open gardens event, which also supported a number of local charities. Group members manned a successful stall at Sheringham's Christmas light switch-on.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
Twinning members can now look forward to a Christmas social later this month.
Anyone interested in joining Sheringham Otterndorf Twinning Association should contact town mayor Noel Gant on 01263 822213 or association chairman Evelyn Meakin on 01263 823818.