Can you spot yourself in our photo gallery from Wells Carnival?
- Credit: Archant
More than 10,000 people enjoyed a north Norfolk carnival which has been nominated as one of the top in the UK, as organisers celebrated the event's success as 'our best ever'.
Wells Carnival got underway on Friday, July 27, and the nine days of events came to a close on Sunday, August 5.
Carnival chairman Pat Weston said: 'It's been absolutely fantastic - one of our best ever.
'We say that every year but it really was. We just do not know why it's so popular.
'All the residents came out and I've seen people who were children 20 years ago now bringing their own children.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Weston added:'The last couple of years we've had more than 10,000 people.
'We've exceeded that this year but we've got no idea by how much.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
'We're just beyond proud for a community carnival.
'It's a small town and it is the best day of the year.'
This years events included beer festivals, a tug of war, a fishing boat rally, crabbing competition, teddy bears' picnic and evenings of live music.
And Wells Carnival has been rated one of the best in the UK by a TripAdvisor blog.
The site, Holiday Lettings, published their poll of the UK's most popular carnivals on Monday, July 23, and gave a spot on the list to the week of family fun in north Norfolk.
The Holiday Lettings blog described Wells carnival as a 'fantastic not-for-profit event'.
They added: '[It] is run by a group of volunteers, and has been taking place for over 100 years.
'Getting bigger and better every summer, the carnival comprises 100 events over the 10 days.
'There'll be a huge range of entertainment on offer for all ages, including a teddy-bears picnic, raft race, a fun-run, and painting and sandcastle competitions.'
Cy Cambell, Wells carnival photographer, said: 'It has been a fantastic carnival and I feel humbled to have been presented with the original painting of the carnival brochure cover.'
Mr Campbell added: 'The carnival committee and crew are working behind the scenes constantly and all year round.
'Led by Patrick Weston and Shirley Golding, they are the stars of carnival.'