Organisers bowled over by success of defibrillator fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a charity night held to raise money for a defibrillator on the grounds of North Walsham Football Club say that have been thrilled with the support shown for the cause.
Craig Brown and Connor Parsons organised the 'When your heart stops, you're against the clock' appeal which took place on March 10 at the Black Swan pub.
The fundraiser included a raffle, which alone raised more than £1,100 thanks to a raft of donated items including a signed Norwich City FC shirt, ball gowns and a bridal voucher.
Mr Brown and Mr Parsons said: 'We do find it hard how to put into words how incredibly proud it makes us feel to be a part of such an amazing community.
'A special thank you must go to Kerry and Kev at Shepherds Health and Safety as they have so very kindly donated the football club a portable defibrillator which means when our teams go on away games we can take ours with us so it will constantly be readily available where ever we are.'
You may also want to watch:
Connor Parsons, who plays for Norwich City's under-18s side, said: 'North Walsham Football Club is where it all started for me. I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for the club and the fantastic coaches who use all their free time to teach passionate young footballers.'
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 5 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing