Organisers bowled over by success of defibrillator fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a charity night held to raise money for a defibrillator on the grounds of North Walsham Football Club say that have been thrilled with the support shown for the cause.
Craig Brown and Connor Parsons organised the 'When your heart stops, you're against the clock' appeal which took place on March 10 at the Black Swan pub.
The fundraiser included a raffle, which alone raised more than £1,100 thanks to a raft of donated items including a signed Norwich City FC shirt, ball gowns and a bridal voucher.
Mr Brown and Mr Parsons said: 'We do find it hard how to put into words how incredibly proud it makes us feel to be a part of such an amazing community.
'A special thank you must go to Kerry and Kev at Shepherds Health and Safety as they have so very kindly donated the football club a portable defibrillator which means when our teams go on away games we can take ours with us so it will constantly be readily available where ever we are.'
Connor Parsons, who plays for Norwich City's under-18s side, said: 'North Walsham Football Club is where it all started for me. I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for the club and the fantastic coaches who use all their free time to teach passionate young footballers.'
- 1 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 2 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 5 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 6 Sinkhole delays should be over 'today'
- 7 Holiday let plan for farm's former train wagons
- 8 Mammoths 'return' to north Norfolk in GoGo sculpture trail
- 9 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 10 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name