OPINION: ‘A wave machine is not needed at town’s new pool’
- Credit: Archant Library
Having fought hard for 'Splash' for some considerable time as a district councillor, along with Judy Oliver at county (both of us now out of office at district) I cannot get hold of the stupidity of people who want the wave machine and funny ball things to exist!
The only reason we have Splash at all is because Sports England are funding it, fought hard by our chief executive officers At North Norfolk District Council.
For the first time we have a competitive pool for school galas, and two learner pools for kiddies who, judging from recent tragedies desperately need it.
MORE: Petition launched amid fears £12.7m pool will belly flopDid councillor [Liz] Withington speak on behalf of Sheringham Town Council or as a private person at full council recently?
She did not talk on behalf of me or hundreds of others.
We only have tourists for about four months and they are very welcome and I have no doubt that wave machines (for which many people get out of the water!) are welcome, but our kids and schools come first.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
-What do you think? To share your opinion on this issue or others, email firstname.lastname@example.org