OPINION: ‘A wave machine is not needed at town’s new pool’
- Credit: Archant Library
Having fought hard for 'Splash' for some considerable time as a district councillor, along with Judy Oliver at county (both of us now out of office at district) I cannot get hold of the stupidity of people who want the wave machine and funny ball things to exist!
The only reason we have Splash at all is because Sports England are funding it, fought hard by our chief executive officers At North Norfolk District Council.
For the first time we have a competitive pool for school galas, and two learner pools for kiddies who, judging from recent tragedies desperately need it.
MORE: Petition launched amid fears £12.7m pool will belly flopDid councillor [Liz] Withington speak on behalf of Sheringham Town Council or as a private person at full council recently?
She did not talk on behalf of me or hundreds of others.
We only have tourists for about four months and they are very welcome and I have no doubt that wave machines (for which many people get out of the water!) are welcome, but our kids and schools come first.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 4 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 5 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 6 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 7 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 Sole survivor peregrine chick is ringed
-What do you think? To share your opinion on this issue or others, email email@example.com