Opening of newly re-laid pitch in Cromer
Pupils, teachers and councillors gathered together to mark the official opening of a newly re-laid all-weather pitch at Cromer High School.
The all-weather pitch at the school marks part of a joint venture between the school and North Norfolk District Council, and has been in place for more than 15 years.
The partnership means that whenever the all-weather pitch and the sports centre at the school are not being used by the school, they are open to use by the public.
Over the summer work was carried out for the first time taking up the existing turf on the pitch and totally relaying it. The work, costing just under �110,000, was funded by both the council, who provided 60pc of the costs, and the school.
The re-laid pitch was given its official welcome at a ceremony staged at the school on Friday, October 8.
You may also want to watch:
Gloria Lisher, chairman of North Norfolk District Council, said: 'This facility makes a major contribution to the health and wellbeing of our community and I am pleased, especially in these times of public sector cuts, we are able to work with the school to deliver something which is so worthwhile.'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 8 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 9 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 10 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit