Opening of newly re-laid pitch in Cromer
Pupils, teachers and councillors gathered together to mark the official opening of a newly re-laid all-weather pitch at Cromer High School.
The all-weather pitch at the school marks part of a joint venture between the school and North Norfolk District Council, and has been in place for more than 15 years.
The partnership means that whenever the all-weather pitch and the sports centre at the school are not being used by the school, they are open to use by the public.
Over the summer work was carried out for the first time taking up the existing turf on the pitch and totally relaying it. The work, costing just under �110,000, was funded by both the council, who provided 60pc of the costs, and the school.
The re-laid pitch was given its official welcome at a ceremony staged at the school on Friday, October 8.
You may also want to watch:
Gloria Lisher, chairman of North Norfolk District Council, said: 'This facility makes a major contribution to the health and wellbeing of our community and I am pleased, especially in these times of public sector cuts, we are able to work with the school to deliver something which is so worthwhile.'
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 9 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall