Hollywood star rides the Norfolk Lights Express
- Credit: Malcolm Robertson
A Hollywood star took a ride on the North Norfolk Railway (NNR).
Olivia Colman was spotted riding on the Norfolk Lights Express, which travels from Sheringham Station to Holt, on Thursday.
Malcolm Robertson, a volunteer of the North Norfolk Railway, said: "She was absolutely charming and it was really lovely to see her on the Norfolk Lights Express. Olivia was so kind, she even offered to help me take the picture when I was struggling to work out how to take a selfie. Hopefully she will have enjoyed her visit."
The Norfolk-born actor won an Emmy this year for her role in The Crown and is a former pupil of Gresham's School near Holt.
The Norfolk Lights Express will be taking people on a trip across the north Norfolk countryside until December 26.
Passengers get a chance to see the surroundings in a new light, as the illuminated train passers by several colourful dioramas during its trip from Sheringham to Holt.
- 1 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 2 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 7 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 8 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 9 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways