North Walsham group supports Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal
- Credit: Priscilla Bacon Hospice
A North Walsham organisation has donated more than £1,200 for two charities that look after those requiring specialist health care.
The Trafalgar Branch of the Oddfellows in North Walsham has donated £700 to The United Norwich Kidney Patients Association and £500 to the Priscilla Bacon Hospice respectively.
The Oddfellows is a friendly society whose main aim is to help people improve the quality of their lives through friendship, care and charitable support.
Each year the group selects local charities to fundraise for or donate to, and this year the PBH appeal and UNKP organisations were chosen.
Tina Hicks, development officer at the Trafalgar Lodge met with Hugo Stevenson head of fundraising and communications for the Pricilla Bacon Hospice on June 9 and Paul Welsh, committee member of UNKPA on June 10 to hand over the cheques.
You may also want to watch:
The Priscilla Bacon Hospice will replace the current Priscilla Bacon Lodge which was established some 40 years ago.
- 1 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 4 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 9 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 10 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans