‘Almost impossible to describe’ - RBL branch host talk on GP90 event
- Credit: COURTESY OF LORNA FISH
A north Norfolk Royal British Legion (RBL) branch has welcomed members to share their experience of a First World War memorial event.
Northrepps RBL met with members from North Walsham and Wymondham branches on Monday, April 2.
At the meeting Peter How and Colin Chambers gave their accounts of the journey to the GP90 wreath laying.
Lorna Fish, chairman of Northrepps RBL, said: 'We were very thankful to these two for making it possible to represent us at this historic commemorative event.
'Colin and Peter gave us accounts from their journey, the march and the wreath laying, and what it was like to see all the RBL standards.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Emotion was very high and it was almost impossible to describe.'
The branch was given GP90 photographs which they will display in St. Mary's Church.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
The next meeting is on Monday, May 13, at 7pm at Northrepps Country Cottage Hotel. Contact Lorna on 01263 579633 for more information.