‘Almost impossible to describe’ - RBL branch host talk on GP90 event
- Credit: COURTESY OF LORNA FISH
A north Norfolk Royal British Legion (RBL) branch has welcomed members to share their experience of a First World War memorial event.
Northrepps RBL met with members from North Walsham and Wymondham branches on Monday, April 2.
At the meeting Peter How and Colin Chambers gave their accounts of the journey to the GP90 wreath laying.
Lorna Fish, chairman of Northrepps RBL, said: 'We were very thankful to these two for making it possible to represent us at this historic commemorative event.
'Colin and Peter gave us accounts from their journey, the march and the wreath laying, and what it was like to see all the RBL standards.'
She added: 'Emotion was very high and it was almost impossible to describe.'
The branch was given GP90 photographs which they will display in St. Mary's Church.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 8 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 9 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
The next meeting is on Monday, May 13, at 7pm at Northrepps Country Cottage Hotel. Contact Lorna on 01263 579633 for more information.