‘Almost impossible to describe’ - RBL branch host talk on GP90 event
- Credit: COURTESY OF LORNA FISH
A north Norfolk Royal British Legion (RBL) branch has welcomed members to share their experience of a First World War memorial event.
Northrepps RBL met with members from North Walsham and Wymondham branches on Monday, April 2.
At the meeting Peter How and Colin Chambers gave their accounts of the journey to the GP90 wreath laying.
Lorna Fish, chairman of Northrepps RBL, said: 'We were very thankful to these two for making it possible to represent us at this historic commemorative event.
'Colin and Peter gave us accounts from their journey, the march and the wreath laying, and what it was like to see all the RBL standards.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Emotion was very high and it was almost impossible to describe.'
The branch was given GP90 photographs which they will display in St. Mary's Church.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
The next meeting is on Monday, May 13, at 7pm at Northrepps Country Cottage Hotel. Contact Lorna on 01263 579633 for more information.