Search

‘It’s remarkable I survived’ - Couple offer thanks after mystery health scare

PUBLISHED: 11:15 24 November 2018 | UPDATED: 11:46 24 November 2018

Glenys Poole and her husband Brian Poole, from Northrepps. Mr Poole's life was saved by emergency workers. Picture: STUART ANDERSON

Glenys Poole and her husband Brian Poole, from Northrepps. Mr Poole's life was saved by emergency workers. Picture: STUART ANDERSON

Archant

Without the quick and caring actions of emergency and health services, pensioner Brian Poole believes he would not be alive today.

And now the 74-year-old from Northrepps, and his wife Glenys, want to thank everyone who helped him after he went into a fit while sat at home in the kitchen on November 3.

First responders and the ambulance service rushed to Mr Poole’s aid, and he was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where he spent a week recovering while medics investigated what happened to him.

Mr Poole, a retired firefighter, said despite tests, they were still at a loss to explain what happened. He said: “The only explanation is that it was bacteria trapped in my brain, as there’s nothing to say it’s epilepsy. I’ve been left with no signs or symptoms. They said it’s remarkable I survived.”

Mrs Poole said: “The first responders, the hospital staff, they all did a fantastic job and we are so grateful.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Norfolk News. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the North Norfolk News